The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 26, 2016

Hodge Podge

Tesla wants to buy Solar City. That web site is a bit of a rag, so you don't have to read more than the headline, if you don't want to. I only skimmed it myself. I like Tesla. I wish I had one. I don't like this deal. Solar City has been in trouble for a while. Tesla hasn't made a profit yet. A company that can't make a profit buying a company that's sinking doesn't look like a winning move. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe the shareholders will vote no.

Something I've noticed is older preachers bragging about not having a retirement age. They brag about how they'll keep going until God calls them home, because God didn't call them retire or quit or some such thing of that nature. Maybe they haven't read this passage:

Numbers 8:23-26 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, This is it that belongeth unto the Levites: from twenty and five years old and upward they shall go in to wait upon the service of the tabernacle of the congregation: And from the age of fifty years they shall cease waiting upon the service thereof, and shall serve no more: But shall minister with their brethren in the tabernacle of the congregation, to keep the charge, and shall do no service. Thus shalt thou do unto the Levites touching their charge.

Hmm, the Levites retired at 50. It sounds like a retirement age to me. Technically, the cohanim didn't have a retirement age, and Christians are priests like that, but the Levites were priests, too. A good argument could be made that the retirement age for ministry is 50.

The cool front never really materialized this week. It was cooler for a few days, but the humidity was still too high. I really looked forward to it, too. The temperatures are back up. This is the part of summer where it's a grind to get to autumn.

It's been a slow week on the book front. I've been plodding along.

No comments:

Post a Comment