The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 12, 2016

Is Book 2 Done Yet?

I had some distractions this week, but the rough draft for Book 2 is done. I still don't have a firm title, though I may stick with the Aethan Lightbringer theme. If you've followed blogs about some of the other books, you know what comes next. I need to go through the whole thing fixing and polishing. After that it needs to rest a month. Once it's rested, I'll need to go through it again looking for things I couldn't see when it was too fresh and have it test read. Then it will be out the door. Yay!

During the rest phase, I need to figure out something about the cover. I also need to go through the YA book, get it test read and get it out the door. It would already be out, but I couldn't take time away from Book 2 and delay it even more. People are waiting on 2. The YA is virtually unknown.

Something I want to do during the rest phase is get some work done on Book 3. I had an outline for 2 and 3 before touching 2. I stuck mostly with it, but some things changed. I'll need to think about how that will affect 3. It won't be drastic. I'm thinking about a limited daily word count that would give me enough time for the other things but still be progress.

YouTube
About 8 weeks ago I was talking about a YouTube series and how the software I needed for it was delayed 7 weeks. It was supposed to be out the 9th. It was delayed again until today. I'm downloading it. One of the distractions this week was researching how it works. I feel confident about getting up to speed quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment