The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 19, 2016

Minor Update. En Train De

This week I took a bit of a break. I got a little done on Book2. Whatever is its title? I wish I knew. I got some work done on Book3, whatever it's going to be called. The rough draft is over 5% complete. I still need to check the outline and see how the things that changed in Book2 will affect it. It seems to be easier going than Book2.

It's been another wetter, cooler summer. The humidity's been awful. 100% one day. 97% another. Bust mostly in the 80s the times I've checked it. Even with it being cooler than normal, it's still hot. However, some relief is in sight. Around Monday we're supposed to get a cool front with very dry air and lower temperatures. I can't express how terrible August is in the south and how much I look forward to September and the lower humidity.

I don't mention it much, but I've still been doing my French reading and listening. A while back I started Alice in Wonderland, but I got tired of looking up words and read some other things. Lately, I've looked at it again. It's a lot easier now. I'm going to make it through. Maybe 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea will be easier, too. I tried it at the same time as Alice. Learning the word navire was extremely helpful in a lot of things. But anyway.

I think I've mentioned the reading and listening breakthroughs I had a while back where suddenly it was easier to read text and hear spoken French. Lately, I've noticed something else. Sometimes a French word will pop into my head as I'm talking as the next word I'm going to say. Of course, I don't say it out loud. :) I had one of those moments this week that stood out. There's an expression I've run into a lot in reading. Être en train de That's a link instead of an explanation, since there's not a concrete English way of saying it, and I think that's why it sprang to mind. It was easier for my brain than sorting through the several English ways of saying it. French is generally bulkier than English, but that's one phrase that's compact and says it all. I was with somebody who made some comment that we should do such and such, and I starting replying while the sentence popped into my head that we were en train de doing it right now! Of course, I didn't say it out loud. :) There's no sense looking weird, right? That person knew we were getting it done. It was a frustration comment.

 I've got run. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment