The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 19, 2022

Almost Fiber

There's more progress on the internet front. The other day someone installed what I assumed was a fiber line from the electric meter area to the nearest electric pole. A coil of cable was left sticking up out of the ground. I thought it was going to be run inside later, but this week someone installed a box on the outside wall near the electric meter. The coil is gone. Whoever did it left a piece of cable on the ground. It's definitely a fiber line. The next step is someone showing up to come inside and do the router setup. I received email about that literally minutes ago and scheduled an appointment for Tuesday.

From ordering it to having internet was supposed to take 12 to 14 weeks. If Tuesday goes well, it'll have taken about three and a half weeks. It'll be 200Mbps. I've been struggling with 4G LTE at 5Mbps. That's enough to surf and download common things, but large files or patches take hours. Not that I have many of those. I have an alert on my phone to let me know if I hit 100GB. I never hit the alert.

I'm still recovering from the tooth extraction last week. I had to go back to the dentist where I had bone chips picked out of the extraction site. Though it had less poison and bothered me less, this one has been harder to recover from than the first one.

Nevertheless, I've made some progress on the writing front this week. It wasn't a great deal, but it's forward movement.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment