The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 8, 2022

Preparation and Education

It was a bad week on the abscessed tooth front. The good news is that my next dental appointment is Monday. The plan is to have it extracted. After recovering from that, I should have more energy and better concentration. I've been thinking about the B'vellah War trilogy and whether to make changes to the ending. It seems that one change is all that's needed. If I'm back on my feet soon, I'd like to get the series finished and out the door in a timely fashion. I'm sorry it's taken so long.

I did some more research into starting a proofreading gig on Fiverr, though I haven't created the gig yet. I've also been doing research into a second gig. Why does everything take so much knowledge? I've listened to some YouTube videos by people who are successful on Fiverr and other sites. I have to admit I'm not a fan of jumping in and learning as I go. I don't see that as compatible with providing quality customer service. I'm going to have to learn as I go to a certain extent regardless, but I want to minimize the the bumps and make it as smooth as possible. I'm speaking mostly of the second gig. I've done tons of proofreading for my books, although I did have to go back and fix many, many things in the earlier ones. I should be able to get going with that as soon as I pick a style guide such as or equivalent to The Chicago Manual of Style and buy a copy of MS Word, which is $124. The last non-cash hurdle is to come up with a precise list of my services and study the style guide. I can play fast and loose with grammar rules for my own work, but I need to go by the book for customers.

Needless to say, dental bills are getting in the way of spending, and I was already looking for a side gig. This will be month three of dental work, and I have at least two more months to go. I put it off because of the pandemic. Catching up is beastly.

Because of the dental bills, I still haven't ordered fiber internet yet. I've been having connection problems with Verizon again with my cell phone hot spot, which is what I use for internet. They must be working on the network now that winter is over. I need to dump them as soon as I can and get real internet.

In addition to all this, I need hundreds of dollars of equipment for the second Fiverr gig. I'll have more info on that in the future when it's time to launch.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment