The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 15, 2022

Another Step to Curing Aging

There was an interesting bit of longevity news this week.  Rejuvenation of woman's skin could tackle diseases of ageing. That title is click bait. Scientists Rewind The Clock of Human Skin Cells to Make Them Act 30 Years Younger has more details. Basically, researchers used a chemical bath to turn 53-year-old skin cells into 23-year-old skin cells. They were trying to turn them into stem cells and happened upon the anti-aging effect instead. This is not skin on a person. It's in the lab. Thus, any benefit from this shouldn't happen soon. That's okay. Now that we know this is possible, the hope is that it can be done in a living person and not just for skin but organs like kidneys and livers.

Another article in this field: Mystery of why humans die around 80 may finally be solved Long story short: it's the accumulation of genetic mutations. "The average number of mutations at the end of lifespan across species was around 3200, suggesting there is a critical mass of errors after which a body is unable to function correctly."

I'm closer to getting a proofreading gig up and running. As I was saying last week, I need MS Word, which is $124. This week I ran across this article: Want to Own Microsoft Office Forever With No Annual Fee? Here's How. At the bottom are two links, one for Windows and one for Mac, that lead to MS Office for $49.99. Needless to say, I took advantage of that and now own MS Word for a fraction of what it would cost otherwise. All I need to do at this point is get a proofreading style guide and set up a shop front.

I finally had that abscessed tooth extracted. I feel so much better. I have more energy. I feel less foggy. Even my pronunciation has has improved. It turns out the swelling was so great it was interfering with my speech. The extraction itself was extremely difficult. The tooth broke off with three roots still in my jaw. Those has to be dug out separately. I required stitches. I'm still recovering and, assuming no complications, should be doing okay by next week. Sadly, the procedure cost $80 more than estimated.

Now that I'm not constantly tired and brain foggy, I'm looking forward to getting the last two B'vellah War books out the door. Most of the series is finished. I need to make sure everything is in sync across all three books, and I need to finish the last book and polish and edit it. Since it can take two months to get a first job on Fiverr, which is where I'm setting up the proofreading gig, my plan is to get the series done before that. Assuming that nothing goes wrong.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment