The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 27, 2021

And on to Book 3

Work on Book 3 of the B'vellah War series began this week. I'm still going through the part that's already written, doing a little cleaning up for minor things. It wasn't a great week in real life, so it's been going more slowly than I wanted.

A tropical storm passed through one day. The power was out three different times for varying lengths of time. The longest was going on 5 hours. The shortest was ten or fifteen minutes. That got me to looking at backup power options. Every time the power goes out, I can't use my computer, and I have no lights except flashlights. Ryobi makes a 300W power source, among others. It's $79.97 for the bare tool battery not included. I already have a Ryobi tool that has a 40V battery that I could use. I'm not convinced it would power my computer, but it might for a short period of time. It would certainly power lights and charge cell phones. It should run a small television. They have a $799 one that would run the refrigerator, but I've seen cheaper ones. The number of products out there for this problem is high. Finding the right solution is going to take way longer than it seems like it should.

I've been looking at backups for the refrigerator, too. It might be cheaper to forget all the battery stuff and get a gasoline generator. The problem with those is that they're so loud. A neighbor has one that's thousands of feet away. I can hear it indoors when the power goes out. Brutal. I don't want one right outside. It seems I have a lot more looking to do.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment