The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, September 3, 2021

The Writing Part

This week saw the end of preparing for finishing book 3 and the beginning of getting to the writing part. I've been going through the part that's already been written and reached the end of that last night. The next step is to take my notes and such and get the rough draft finished. I'm estimating that'll take at least a month. That assumes a word count of 2,000 words per day and that nothing gets in the way.

Tropical Storm Ida passed through this week. The lights blinked a couple of times, but the power didn't go out like it did for the last tropical storm the other day. It turns out the Ryobi 300W power source I linked last week will not power my computer. I found a video in which a guy hooked up a 174W blender, and it took two starts for it to run. When certain items power up, they use a surge of electricity. I'm pretty sure my PC would blow 300W away. However, I did find an APC backup with extra battery pack that should run it for a while if the power went out. Sadly, it's well over $300. Normal backups start below $100, although they're for shutting a computer down safely not running it during an outage.

I'm thinking about getting that Ryobi power supply anyway. The power goes out for large storms on a regular basis. Even if I couldn't run the computer, I'd still have light to read by and cell phone charging and perhaps enough juice for an old 24" television. It would also let me use my Ryobi battery and keep it active.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment