The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 20, 2021

Continuing Prep Work 3

This was another week of preparation for the last B'vellah War novel. Part of that involved editing on book 2. Some things got in the way, and I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. I still got a fair stretch done.

There's a lot that has to be crammed into book 3, the rough draft of which is already about half written. I've been thinking about that as I've been going through the first two books. On the one hand I'm a little concerned that there's too much going on. On the other hand that's not a bad problem to have. I don't have to worry about the saggy middle problem novelists face. I don't have to agonize about plot points and idea brainstorming. The main worry is pacing. It can't be too fast or too slow. I also have to make sure that key events at the end happen close together instead of being dragged out too far.

This week should see better progress, especially if I can get a head start this weekend.

As a side note, the Facebook changes I've commented on the past couple of weeks have disappeared with the exception of the censored photograph. I protested the censorship but haven't heard back. I view Facebook as a short-term company, so I'm not too concerned.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment