The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 22, 2019

Truck Wreck

Since I don't have a car, I'm at the mercy of other people. This is going to be a short one.

It's been kind of a long week. The big news was that I found a dead body this week. I was riding on the passenger side looking out the window and saw a truck that had gone off the road and down a short drop off at the edge of a field.. The grill was smashed into the ground. As we were riding by, I couldn't see anyone inside, but I saw a small ladder that had been thrown past the truck and into the field. The way the truck was smashed made it look like it would be hard to get out of it but not impossible. I told the person who was driving me that I'd seen a wrecked truck. We decided to go back and check on it to make sure nobody was inside.

It turned out that there was one man inside. It was too steep to climb down the drop off, which was maybe 15 feet. There was a way to drive down into the field where the truck was, but I called 911 instead. In the very few minutes it took a fire truck to arrive, three teenagers jogged past and never bothered to look over to see what was going on.

I think the crash happened well before I got there, which was Monday. There was no steam coming out of the engine. It wasn't making ticking noises the way they do when they cool down. There was no smell of gas or fluids. There were no skid marks. The man inside could have been there several days with people driving and jogging by not bothering to check on him. This was on a dirt and gravel road. Any skid marks would have taken a while to be driven away by other cars. He could have been there all weekend.

Unfortunately, the local paper didn't come out on Wednesday the way it usually does, so I have no info on who it was. The license plate was for the next county over. People use my road as a "short cut" sometimes. I'm guessing the man was flying down the road and went off the side in the dark, but I don't know for sure.

Not very uplifting this week. The good news is that I had an idea for a future series. It'll take more thought to really flesh it out. 

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment