The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 15, 2019

1937 Chrysler Royal Business Coupe

I saw something scary the other day. I can't help but wonder how that's not a type of mutilation. How is that going to affect those babies once they're grown? The appendix was once thought to be useless, but now we know that it's part of the immune system and has a function. Are we going to find out later that those babies need that part they're cutting?

I also saw something awesome, a 1937 Chrysler Royal Business Coupe. It was parked at the Captain D's I was visiting. I was in the drive-through. It was parked off to the side where pickup trucks pulling trailers or small campers park. The color was matte black with a red interior. The wheels looked modern with the rear wheels being a little bit larger than the front. I wouldn't have done that personally, but the size difference wasn't great.

Sometimes I watch old movies from the 40s and 50s and even older. When I first saw the car, I knew it was old, but it didn't look very familiar. I studied it as I waited in the drive-through and decided it had to be from the 30s or possibly older. I guessed 30s. When I got closer, I could read the 1937 on the corner of the license plate. I patted myself on the back. I also wondered if that meant I've seen too many old movies that I can tell when a car's not from the 40s.

On the whole it was a bad week. I was very discouraged at life. Nevertheless, I was able to make progress on the cat painting. It's fighting me. It's so close to working, but it doesn't. I also think I have a concept for the cover for the mystery/romance that I think I could paint. I'm not very good at the human figure, but maybe I could do someone who's squatting down and get it right. I've had to do a lot of fiddling with the cat painting that makes me think it's possible.

I'm still struggling with whether book 2 can be saved or needs a complete re-write.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment