The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 8, 2019

Struggling With Book 2

I've been wrestling with book 2, trying to figure out what to keep. I've been going through it fixing things and making some changes. The farther along I go the more I wonder if I should just start over with it. I'm feeling more and more disconnect with it from what it needs to be. One of the fixes was for the definition of nephilim. For a while it's been accepted as fact that nephil comes from the Hebrew word nafal, which would make it mean fallen ones. There's new research that says it comes from naphiylim(sp), a word from another language and not Hebrew, and means giants. It's translated giants in the Septuagint, which is seen as a confirmation that it never meant fallen ones. It's interesting. Some of the ancient documents that have never been translated are being translated now, and it's giving insight into what things in the Bible we didn't know we didn't know actually mean.

Speaking of religion, there's a heavily atheist state in the union. They're having problems and more problems. In my state we had a drought, and the governor called for prayer. The drought went away. Atheism doesn't work long term.

Something I often lament is how inferior American culture is today from when I was younger. The number of insane things I see keeps rising. Somebody showed me a "game" this week that was a button masher. There was no gameplay to it. It was just a button masher. It had a row of buttons. Pushing the first one would cause a counter to increment. When the counter reached a certain number, that would allow another button in the row to be pushed. When the counter on the new button reached a certain number another button would become active and so on until the end of the row. Scores of millions of people are "playing" what are called clicker games. I don't get it. Atari was better than that. I remember when button mashers were considered the worst of the worst.

But I think I have a theory about these clicker games. When I was younger in the 80s, it was a much more peaceful time. We needed excitement, so the video games were geared toward that. As an example of how peaceful it was, when a serial killer popped up, the police alerted the news media. It became national news until they caught the guy. Today, there are so many serial killers that the police don't bother to tell the press any more. They work the cases as best they can. Here's my theory. Kids today are overloaded. Drugs. Gender dysphoria. School shootings. Vicious politics. Etc. Clicker games give Millennails something mindless and repetitive and peaceful to do as a break from all the excitement in real life.
I was recommended an article that goes along with this idea. I didn't read it. I tried skimming it, but ran into vulgar profanity, which goes along with my statement about inferior culture. The article claims that the American Dream is "killing us," because the average American is worse off than a generation ago. Well, duh. As the culture declines, the country will decline along with it. I've seen a number of these articles. They all miss the fact that our culture is degrading. They focus on economics and sometimes blame a political party. That misses the point. Our culture is collapsing. These articles are all signs of it. I could go on and on, but it's kind of depressing.
Be counter culture. Be a decent human being.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment