The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, September 28, 2018

Belated Survival Report

I forgot to mention last week that I survived Hurricane Florence. Where I live, it turned out to be light rain and wind with high humidity. The humidity had just started to turn lower for autumn until that. Because of a another weather system, it has stayed high with warmer temperatures. In my post two weeks ago I mentioned the problem with hurricane coverage on television is all the exaggeration and how weathermen will lean into the wind and scream into the microphone about how bad the storm is while someone in shorts walks past in the background. I specifically mentioned already seeing that kind of exaggeration on the Weather Channel minus the people in the background. Check out the first 30 seconds of this video. Weather Channel equals busted.

After the last blog it occurred to me that I need to re-prioritize the order of books coming out. I was going to work on the non-fiction with the mystery/romance giving me a break on the side. That won't work. I need to get the next B'vellah War book out. The non-fiction has to have the highest priority, but I may work on two at once. When last we left book 2, I had to withdraw it from sale, because of problems. My goal is not to do a rewrite but to fix it if possible. That would make it a lot faster.

Something else that has been on my mind is a business a friend of mine has been trying to start for a number of years. She's done a tremendous amount of work on it, yet it has never gotten off the ground or made a profit. She can't figure out why. I suddenly realized recently what the one, main obstacle is. Should I tell her? She already doesn't listen to anything about it. To make it worse, one day a few months ago she mentioned an online video game. Ever since, she has been playing that and been almost out of contact. I'll send an occasional message to try to stay in touch and generally get an impersonal, one-word reply, sometimes a day late. If it was my business, I'd want to know. I feel that morally I need to say something, but almost everything is pointing toward no.

I was at Walmart the other day and saw Christmas trees. I was in Lowe's this week and saw Christmas trees beside Halloween displays. It's still September. If the Hallmark Channel isn't showing Christmas movies, it's still too early for Christmas.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment