The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, September 7, 2018

I've Solved It

It was a wet, rainy summer with lower temperatures. That is gone. It's been hot and humid. But that's not important right now.

I like the Braves and the Cubs. The Cubs are "out of market" in my area, so I usually watch or listen to the Braves. For a long time they've had a television announcer I wish they would get rid of. He's the worst one they've ever had in the modern era. The other announcers are former major league players. This guy is not, and does it ever show.

That bad announcer calls plays before they happen. Live television is delayed by two to five seconds, depending on who you listen to. If anything unusual happens, the public will never see it. The government will control the explanation of what happened. Censorship is built in and automatic. When the plays were being called before the video showed them, it seemed logical that the video and audio were out of sync because of the time delay on the video.

To make it worse, the bad announcer often calls plays that are not actually happening in the game. You can never trust that his description of the game is correct. I thought he was dramatizing the game to make it more exciting to fans. However, recently he made a call so bad I finally realized what he's been doing. He called a catch at the base of the wall in the outfield. It wasn't even close. The catch was actually made on the grass. The fielder never set foot on the warning track.

Maybe I've been a little slow on this, but I've solved it. That bad guy is not calling plays he sees. He's calling plays he thinks are going to happen. He's predicting the future and failing miserably. In a sense he's one-upping the other announcers by trying to be the first to call the play. He's even worse than I thought. I can't wait for him to be gone.

Moving on.

I don't have central air, so it's been too hot to do a lot on the computer. When I can, I've been working on polishing AoE. It's almost done. I have one more pass to go through and make final decisions about the hardest things to edit. It shouldn't take long at all. Then it's just the cover, and it's out the door. The weather is slowly turning cooler. It looks like next week will see a nice improvement in productivity.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment