The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, September 14, 2018

Waiting on Flo

This week was more work on the final pass through AoE. It's almost done except the cover. I've also watched some painting videos for technical insight. I'm thinking of a cityscape, but I've never painted one. In principal a daylight scene should be like a landscape painting with lighter values in the background and darker values in the foreground. I don't think I'll do a night scene. I think it would be easier, but I want strong, eye-catching color. The main thing is to try to keep it simple enough for my skills. :)

I'm waiting to see what hurricane Florence does where I live. According to the last map of its path I saw, my area is at the edge of the red zone. That means heavy wind and rain, as it will be a tropical depression by that point. A forecast from a few days ago predicted 1 to 12 inches of rain, but it depends on the track it takes and all that. Monday is supposed to be clear.

The problem with hurricanes is all the exaggeration. Weather forecasters will stand out in the wind leaning against it shouting into the microphone about how bad it is. Then in the background someone in shorts and no shirt will walk by and glance over at the reporter like he's a moron. I'm seeing a lot of that on the Weather Channel minus the people in the background. They've picked isolated places to avoid that sort of reality.

It's time for another installment of Is He Still Alive? Born in 1936 Burt Reynolds was in tons of things. Nobody told me he died. I saw a commercial for a memorial marathon of things he was in and had to look it up. He died last week at 82. He was in a lot of not so great movies, but he was funny. I saw him on the Carson show. I wouldn't have guessed that. One of his most famous movies was Deliverance. If you haven't seen it, don't. It would scar your soul. I bring it up, because that movie is mentioned in the first Messengers book. The characters are being chased through the woods by scary people. One of them mentions that, "This is so Deliverance." I live near where the movie was filmed. I like to say that this isn't Deliverance country, but you can see it from here.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment