The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, October 6, 2017

Tentative Plans

Can I be honest a minute? This has been a long year. I've been tired a lot. Things have not always worked out the way I wanted them to. I've had times of discouragement and times when I laughed better than I have in years. Let's hope this coming year is better.

I've been feeling somewhat burned out and like I need to get away and do something relaxing or maybe nothing to recharge my batteries. I've been thinking a lot about a real vacation. If you're a praying person, that's something to put on your list. At least once. It would be more expensive than I can afford at the moment for what I'd like to do. I would need a financial break in some area. And then there's the problem of who to ask to go with me. I have two candidates in mind, a first choice and a second choice if the first one said no. I don't know either of them very well at all. The plan would be to do stuff during the day and have separate rooms at night. I have no idea if I could get along with either of them for a whole week. They're acquaintances. That's something else for your prayer list. At least once.

So, it's time I got some real book covers. I've painted for years, but that's not the same as illustration. I'm not sure I have the technical skills to do a great cover, but I know I could do something. My plan is to create a cover for the YA book and the mystery/romance. The mystery/romance is something I'd throw out under a pen name and see what happened. I'm not sure it works. If it failed, it failed. If it worked, groovy. I'd probably do another one.

Here's something else for the prayer list. :) A while back I started an Amazon store but didn't have enough cash for the right kind of inventory I needed. I sold a few things but ended up shutting it down from lack of inventory. I've been saving a little every month and have started thinking about starting a business, especially if book covers don't improve sales. Amazon is an option, but I'm thinking of other things such as a retail location or a restaurant. Initial funding would be problematic. I'm pretty limited in what I could do. I've mentioned Uber and Lyft recently. Those might be something to try short-term. I have other ideas, too.

Right now I'm trying to collect ideas for perhaps getting something started after the first of the year or possibly later, depending on what startup costs would be and what it is. Amazon would be faster, but it's not the best thing. Where I live is experiencing a lot of growth. A physical store might work very well at this time. I'm trying to think outside the box. I'll let you know more as things develop, if they do.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment