The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, October 13, 2017

Negative People

There are a couple of people in my life who have a tendency to go immediately negative about things. If a topic comes up at random, they have a habit of become skeptical. I could cite a web site about whatever it was or various facts. It doesn't seem to matter. Their minds will close to the possibilities. Having a reasonable amount of skepticism in life is generally a good thing. I have a healthy skepticism myself but my goodness. Facts are facts. I may not always like them, but I don't close my mind down like these two people.

What do you do when people in your life have a toxic negativity? What do you do when it's continual about multiple areas and it's toxic? I keep having the urge to kick them both out of my life and to stop having anything to do with them. But I'm not sure that's the right thing to do, and it's not completely realistic. Everyone goes through seasons in life. This year, for instance, hasn't been that great for me. I've had some times when I was feeling really down. Regardless of how I felt, I tried to explore new possibilities. I wasn't always able to come up with answers, but I tried. Maybe they're in one of those seasons. Both of them? At the same time? It's possible.

I could keep being patient. I could point out the negativity and ask what the cause of it is. One of them would explode if I did that. I could see them as a test. I'm still trying to figure it out.

If that's too sad, I'll leave with some laughs.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment