The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, September 9, 2016

Mold and Dead Authors

It was a mixed week on the book front. I'm over 20% of the way through Book 3 but didn't get a lick done on Book 2. I've been battling mold this week because of the humidity, which is actually lower than it was in August. I couldn't figure out where it was. It finally turned out that a window air conditioner was leaking onto the window sill a little bit and was only doing it because I was running the air conditioner one degree lower than before. There was a strip of plastic beneath it that was catching and holding water. The A/C itself smells fine. That made it very hard to tell what was happening.

The plastic's gone. I've cleaned the sill with bleach and water. When it's completely dry, I'll paint it and make sure it's sealed. It's been a mess all week. I was trying everything, including shampooing carpets. I may have to get a new filter for my air purifier. The pre-filter for sure smells terrible.

Do you know how authors die and their books keep coming out? I've always been very suspicious of that. I understand how that happens now. I have the mystery/romance on the back burner until I can motivate myself to fix it. I have the YA book on the back burner until Book 2 is further along. I have the rough draft for Book 2 itself. I have half a rough draft for the space novel, which contains spoilers for the B'vellah War series. Book 3 is underway. Thus, I have three manuscripts in various stages of completion and two partials. I may have the Book 3 rough draft done before Book 2 comes out. That would make four books.

Publishers take forever to get a book out the door. That's how dead authors keep coming out with new books for a while. They have things in the pipeline. What I need to do is take a week off from everything and work on the books.

And where was the air conditioner? In the room with my YouTube "studio".

Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment