The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, October 2, 2015

Starting a Small Business

How many times have I said on here that I'm not rich or not made of money? Sadly, it's still true. However, I'm going to try to change that. I've been looking into selling things on Amazon and considering the possibility of opening a local store. I can't afford a store, and it doesn't make sense at the present. But later on, if I had enough inventory laying around, it might. I've been looking at buying things by the lot. I couldn't do that long-term without developing the need for a storage facility. At that point I might want to look at a location that could store things in a back warehouse and sell them out front. That would be down the road and take a lot of thought.

Without going into all the details, it makes sense right now to start a small, part-time business. My general plan is to sell used books and new wholesale products until I can afford to incorporate. If all that goes well, the plan would be to start my own brand of products or use private labeling. One future possibility I'm thinking about is a jacket that's not cold. I can't seem to find one that's comfortable and warm and can keep the wind out and looks nice. Maybe that's a niche I could fill. It's a thought.

I have $2 in inventory so far. I found a $2 book that sells for around $13 on Amazon. There's more where that one came from. Before I can list it, I need some shipping supplies. Next week looks like ordering a few supplies and a case or two of wholesale products and looking at a tax ID number besides my social security number.

If I can be successful with a small business, I could afford professional editing for the books and real covers and perhaps a little advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment