The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, October 9, 2015

Trying To Move Forward


Remember the problem I mentioned the other day about my computer in which it sometimes wouldn't start up when I hit the power button? It's still there. The emergency Windows patch didn't fix it. It was probably for something else. I don't know what's causing it, but it seems pretty benign so far. I'm going to live with it for now.

I'm still trying to get the business off the ground. Monday I was able to open a business checking account. I'm still waiting on the debit card for it. Two days after I opened it I got a pre-approved credit card application in the mail. That was kind of funny.
I ordered a free business shipping sampler from the post office. I'm still waiting on that.
I got a shipping scale from Amazon. I weighed and sent my first shipment to them to be fulfilled by them instead of my having to mail things. It was only a couple of items to see how things are going to work in practice. If the items sell at current prices, the profit would be about $6. It depends on how the fees and credits are applied. The fees are straightforward. Before doing too much in the way of purchasing, I need to see how the shipping credit works and whether it cancels out some of the fees and how it works with Fulfillment by Amazon. I've read their pages for how it's supposed to work, but you know. I need to see it in action.

One thing's clear. I technically don't have enough money to start a business. Sourcing products where I live has proven extremely difficult. My best option is to order bulk lots online(shipping costs to me then on to Amazon), but that tends to take bulk cash, although not always. I could use some serious prayer for this. I can't afford to make a mistake. I've found some things I could buy, but the profit margins make me uncomfortable. Plus, the sales ranks are merely okay instead of great. Most of what I'm seeing is more suitable for a retail location than selling online. Not to mention I still need to buy most of the shipping supplies I need. It's a little overwhelming and feels like too many closed doors in the way. To make this work, things have to begin smoothly and profitably. It really comes down to handing it over to the Lord and trusting.

I have a business name picked out, but I can't reveal it until I file the paperwork to make it official. That costs over $300 and is on the back burner. I need to make a lot of profit to afford that. My first shipment is headed to Maryland. It could take a week to get there and be processed. Time to sell is indefinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment