The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, September 25, 2015

Potluck

Sudoku: for those times when you have the urge to work math problems.
I saw a Do You Sudoku? puzzle book and the thought hit me that basically it's a book of math problems disguised as entertainment. Of course, one of the holy grails of education is trying to make it fun so people will enjoy learning things. I wonder if the people who do sudoku puzzles ever have the thought that they're voluntarily doing something they probably hated in school. I think that's funny. I bet they won't come out with a word problems puzzle book.

If sudoku puzzler A can work one puzzle in five minutes, and sudoku puzzler B can work a puzzle in ten minutes, and puzzler A is on a hyperloop train from Chicago to Atlanta traveling 400 mph while puzzler B is on a hyperloop train from Atlanta to Chicago traveling 550 mph, who can solve the most puzzles?

That's the kind of puzzle they won't have in the word problem book. Why? Because it's a double trick question. There's no hyperloop between Atlanta and Chicago. If there were, it would travel closer to 760 mph. I didn't even give the distance. bwahahaha

So, John Boehner announced his resignation today. He'll be quitting his speaker of the house position, and next month he'll be quitting congress. All this after meeting with the pope yesterday. Apparently, that was the tipping influence in the decision. My first thought was that something happened in the spiritual realm, and it can't be good. I don't really care for Boehner. Both parties are corrupt. 

Anyway, the pope has been turning Catholicism from a religious organization into a political one. As I've mentioned before, he's been running around the world like he's campaigning for something. Now he's in the U.S. making political speeches that insult America. ' "selfish and boundless thirst" for profit' '"selfish and boundless thirst for power and material prosperity"' The last quote was from something he said in Paris but was in the article. I have an idea. If he really believes all that, then he should stop the Catholic church from accepting donations, because the people giving them probably aren't working out of boundless, selfless enjoyment. He should also stop wielding political power and go back to Rome and read the Bible some. If he really believes what's he's telling other people to do, that is. He probably doesn't believe what he's ordering others to do applies to him, though.
Anyway, the pope is a force for darkness in the world. The Boehner thing is disturbing.  Something happened spiritually, and it can't be good.

On the computer front. Last night I hit the power button. The computer started to come on then just stopped. I tried again with the same results. I thought maybe I didn't depress it all the way. I was standing up bent down. I had a piece of cork board overhanging the button a little. I moved it back, and pressed the button firmly. The PC started normally and worked fine all evening. Today it didn't start the first time I pressed the button. Does it make me want to cry? Kind of. However, there was an emergency Windows patch today that forced the computer to reboot. I've never had a patch that did that. Maybe that will fix it.

Things have been slow on the writing front, but I got a lot of research done.

No comments:

Post a Comment