The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, October 23, 2015

Parting the Red Sea

There's some good news. The computer problem I was having where I'd press the power button but it would immediately shut down is gone. Yay!

I've been looking for a product to private label. I found a possibility in the computer area. While doing a little research for it, I accidentally came across some headphones selling for $37.25 shipped, limit two per customer. They sell for $109 on Amazon with Amazon selling them for $137. Profit per pair would have been about $50. However, money is tight trying to get the business off the ground. If I'd bought some of those, it would've meant delays in buying something in bulk that might be better to sell in the long run. Remember that first little shipment I sent to Amazon the other day? It's still not processed for sale. I decided to pray about the headphones and try to pin down a price on the product in the computer area. I was finding ranges of prices and not a concrete price.

While I was praying and looking, the headphones sold out. It was depressing. Eventually, I thought of Moses at the parting of the sea. They reached the sea, and Moses starting praying about what to do instead of doing something. This is how God responded.

Exodus 14:15 And the LORD said to Moses, Why cry you to me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward.

I've already been praying about the business and praying for opportunities. When a really awesome one arrived, instead of going forward I ended up praying and missed out. It seems that there's a time for prayer and a time to simply go forward.

The computer product costs $12 per piece plus shipping and a minimal cost for retail packaging if I want that done for me. There might be a little extra cost involved that I haven't accounted for, but it would be minimal. The retail price on Amazon is about $40. After all the fees the profit's about $28. It's not something that would sell tons and tons. It's something that sells steadily. The problem is I'd have to order 50 units at a cost of $600 plus the packaging and shipping, etc. The headphones would have been the right thing to do, but you can see how the profit on the other item is higher overall. Nevertheless, I think next time I might go with what's in front of me as a certainty instead of waiting for the "perfect" opportunity.

Coffee's pretty easy to get into. For about $300 I could order the first shipment of my own brand. Or tea. The profit's low, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment