The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, January 27, 2023

Working on Shops

Despite having more energy than before the last dental visit, I still had some pain and tiredness this week from the sinus infection, but I was still able to work on the Etsy shop. Mostly, I was learning how to improve my listings and do things with digital images. There's a file size requirement I kept running up against. I was submitting .png files for larger images when I needed to be submitting .jpegs. Problem solved. I still have a problem resizing images for different surfaces without distorting them too much. Some images just don't resize and maintain their look.

I'm so far behind where I thought I would be. I have 13 products, some with multiple variations. It takes hundreds to make any real money. My goal is at least 300 images on multiple products each. It looks like it's going to take months. Still no sales on about 20 visits. From what I've researched, it takes about 100 visits to get 2 sales, more or less. A small number of stores do better and some worse. It can take one to four months to get the first sale. I'm hoping for better.

I've been using AI to generate images, which has left me with a lot of leftovers that don't match the artistic look I'm going for. Etsy started out selling handmade items, so I'm trying to match that esthetic as much as I can, although now there's a ton of print on demand and some AI art things there. Some of my leftovers have been spectacular. It hurts so much not to be able to sell them or have anyone even be able to look at them. Guess what? It turns out I can sell them as stock art. Yay! I've taken nearly 100 leftovers, after curating for the best ones, and started a stock art store on another site. I'm not approved yet, so there's no link this week. I made a few extra images to get up to 100 even. The goal with that store is to have thousands of images.

Needless to say, I got nothing done of the writing front this week. With all the inflation and greedflation, I need the extra income an online store could generate. It's way more work than I thought it would be, and there's no way to know what's going to happen with it.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment