The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, March 6, 2020

Novella(And Coronavirus)

I'm still going through the rough draft of the novella to polish and fix things. As mentioned before, I spent extra time during the rough draft phase to make sure it had a certain level of polish already. It's paying off. I'm over halfway through. There may still be some things that have to be rewritten, but I'm feeling more confident about it than I was while writing it.

On the middle grade trilogy front, I was awakened early this week and lay in bed trying to get back to sleep. I started thinking about the middle grade series. It probably falls under urban fantasy. It'll be about a young lad around 13 or 14 who can travel back and forth between a fantasy world and the real world. I had the concept for the conflict right away, but I wasn't sure about how to get him to the other world. I didn't want to tap into an occult answer like spells or incantations. The struggle between good and evil is real. I didn't want it to turn into one of those light magic versus dark magic things when in the real world all magic is dark. Good evil versus bad evil doesn't work. While trying to get back to sleep, it hit me. He could use special doors. That way it's outside of him. It's not some magical power he or someone else has. He's just using a neutral tool. I still don't have all the series figured out, but that's a key piece.

As part of working on the novella, I decided to try to get an agent for the middle grade series. I'll probably have to increase the word count from the 30k I had planned. Maybe 40k or 50k. I'm not sure yet. I'm leaning toward 40k. That makes the trilogy 120k words, the same length as a long, adult-level fantasy novel. The rough draft would take about three months for the whole thing. I would likely start trying to sell book 1 after it was finished. We'll see what happens. I still have the non-fiction book to finish and the end of the B'vellah series. And the next Avatars of Awesomeness book.

Coronavirus
It's obvious we're in a pandemic. One of the places I've been getting information is this channel. It's had real info weeks before the mainstream media and official organizations like the WHO or the CDC. It also highlights deceptions government officials are perpetrating, such as saying that face masks won't help and can do more harm than good. The channel points out that studies prove the exact opposite. The real reason officials are saying that is because they're short on masks and don't want the public buying them all up. However, as a caution, I wouldn't buy all in on everything it says. Some of the information is amazing, but it's kind of slanted toward the negative.

For example, that channel has never brought up this article from the Jerusalem Post in which an Israeli company claims it'll have a vaccine in a matter of weeks. Regulatory approval will take 90 days after that. Normally, a vaccine would take 18 months to develop. They've already been working on something similar for 4 years. However, some vaccines turn out to do more harm than good when the patient gets reinfected. Their vaccine will have to go through clinical trials to make sure something like that doesn't happen.


Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment