The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, March 13, 2020

Novella Update and Other Things

I finished the novella this week. The next step is letting it rest for 30 days and then reading it again to catch any problems I might have missed. During the 30 days, the plan is to work on the non-fiction book and maybe a little on the next fictions(like B'vellah books 2 and 3 and the middle grade trilogy) as a break. It's possible I could experiment with trying to illustrate a cover.
 
Someone on social media posted a link to a story I mentioned the other day but on a different site with a later date. It's titled: Israeli-made oral vaccine for coronavirus on track, but testing will take months.
It's similar to the article I posted but has more details. My takeaway is that maybe some time this summer there will be a vaccine. The task now is to survive to see it.

I've been stocking up on supplies to get by for at least three months. I'll be avoiding unnecessary contact and trips. It's easy to miss small things like shampoo and light bulbs, but I'm trying to cover everything. I already have light bulbs, but I didn't have extra shampoo. It's looking good on certain things, but I need one, maybe two, more trips to the store.

Part of following Coronavirus is connecting the dots. I saw a news story that said, based on Chinese numbers, the fatality rate for people 70 to 80 is 10%. The fatality rate for 80 and older is 15%. In an unrelated story Florida has banned visits to nursing homes. There was no mention of the fatality rate in the Florida story. It shows that government officials are trying to control the message. They're making decisions based on private information. Watch what they do and not just what they say.
 
Something interesting I've seen more than once is the President and Vice President in the same place at the same time. For security reasons, that's something they're supposed to avoid. Food for thought. Congress or parts of Congress may be in quarantine away from the public. Something to keep an eye on.

Something I haven't seen in the news media is the indication that there are two strains of the virus, a weaker one and a deadlier one. If that's true, Italy and Iran both have the deadlier one. China has the weaker one. This is based on statistical analyses of the numbers and information coming out of every country that reports them. The problem is the numbers are not always reliable and are sometimes contradictory. Nevertheless, this is something to keep an eye on. There hasn't been a whisper about a second strain in the media.
 
A story the other day noted that one country, I forget which one, had taken to reporting Coronavirus cases as "viral pneumonia" instead. False reporting is the same thing that happened in the 1918 pandemic. Something else disturbing is that if the Coronavirus test isn't administered it doesn't count as an official case. That's part of why the numbers are dodgy.

The other day I linked to this channel. Up to then he hadn't been using profanity. The day I linked to it, he used profanity. I apologize for that. Before then he had been being professional. Since then, he's used profanity again. I take it as a sign of panic. It might indicate he feels he has nothing to lose now.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment