The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, March 20, 2020

Non-Fiction Book, etc.

I worked on the non-fiction book this week. I didn't get a whole lot done, but any progress is good progress. Some chapters are very readable. Some are denser and harder to get through. I noticed that when I was writing it. It's even more noticeable now. Either I'm going to have to go back and simplify the prose, or I'm going to have to add summaries to the end of the chapters. Simplifying is much harder, but it would increase sales. If I ever want to be able to write full time, it has to pay enough for me to do that.

I spent a lot of time running around prepping for Coronavirus aka Covid-19 aka SARS-CoV-2. One day I picked up nine 28-count packs of water. It took multiple trips. Then I had to unload them at home. That's tiring. Running around from store to store is tiring, too. My goal is to have three months worth of supplies. I'm set on almost everything except toilet paper, paper towels and two or three minor items.

It's amazing how people are buying toilet paper. Are they doing the math to calculate how much they'll actually need? How long are they preparing for? I've been using the Walmart app to see when things get delivered. Toilet paper and alcohol were listed yesterday, but they weren't on the shelves. The day before, both were out of stock. Either the app wasn't updating in real time, or the store is holding those items in the back for non-public use. Who is it for? Police? Clinics? Fire departments/EMTs? Employees?


I can't help but wonder how many small businesses are going to go bankrupt.

The government is talking about giving everyone who makes less than $75k/yr a $1,200 check. I can't wait. Prepping is costing a fortune.

I haven't been watching the local news, only national. I taped the local news last night and watched it when I got home. There was an interview of someone with Coronavirus. It was scary. Today there was a different interview on Fox News with the same scary content. What a coincidence? When I was talking about connecting dots last week, this is what I mean. Two coordinated segments airing within 24 hours of each other. My take is that the media has been instructed to run interviews in order to keep people at home when they're starting to feel cabin fever. I think it will be effective.

80% of people will have mild or no symptoms. When you factor that in, the death rates are far lower than the officially tested people they're using for those numbers.

I've noticed that nearly all the Coronavirus coverage is not about the virus or what to expect(realistically expect). It's about what people/governments are doing to prepare for or treat it. It's about the economy. It's about foreign countries. I'm not seeing much in the way of real info. The one time somebody was about to give a prognostication of what we can expect, the network cut to a commercial, and it never aired.

I recommend checking foreign news services. Someone I know pointed me toward Sky News. A source I've checked some is France 24 in French. They have an English version, but I don't know if it's the same. Yes, my French reading is paying off. Something I read was about the study that got the U.S. and Britain to start doing something. According to the study, Britain could lose 250,000 people and the U.S. 1.2 million. That's with efforts to mitigate the virus. Without mitigation the numbers are double. The study wasn't specifically about Coronavirus, but the information was applicable. Watching the U.S. news is becoming more and more a wall of meaningless sound. Foreign countries aren't afraid to tell the truth about the U.S. situation.

The weather was great yesterday and today. It was like early summer. Cooler temperatures are returning tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment