The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 13, 2018

The Recurring Struggle

Have you ever danced with a doctor in the pale moonlight? #DoctorsAreDevils

I was at Walmart again this week and saw the bloodmobile I mentioned previously. In that post I jokingly said they were vampires, because they were appearing on overcast days and such. Then I explained about the blood shortage in the summer and that they were collecting for that. This time I thought to take a picture. The bloodmobile looks like this.


I deliberately included the sky in the picture. Notice that it was another overcast day. Maybe they really are vampires, and they're using the summer blood shortage as a cover for their activities. That would be very clever of them, wouldn't it?

So, this hasn't been a good year. I've mentioned the hospital visits before. Things still haven't turned around. Lately, I've been struggling with something else, something a lot of people struggle with. I hesitate to bring up another problem, when so many other people are going through worse things. But I feel like I need to get it off my chest. Sometimes, expressing things that bother us helps to ease the burdens with which we struggle.

It's springtime. It's the time when I struggle to know whether to wear warm or cool underwear. In the summer and winter it's easy. Cool for summer, warm for winter. This spring has been unusually difficult due to the wild temperature fluctuations. One day it can be in the 50s(10C+). Another it can be in the 60s(15.56C+) or 70s(21.1C+). The forecast is often inaccurate. I don't like to sweat. Even a few degrees can make a difference in comfort levels as can rainy or windy conditions. Compounding my struggle are nighttime temperatures. If the temperature is borderline during the day but cold at night, the choice is obvious. Go with warm. But what if it's a windy day around 63F(17.2C) but not quite so cool at night? I could go with warm or cool. Unless the forecast is off. Or the wind stops. What if that 63F day is sunny? Sun makes a huge difference. It can change everything, making a chilly, shivery day warm and sweaty. For the most part, I've been able to weather the storm and make good choices, but some days the forecast hasn't been the best. The silver lining is knowing that summer is near. The struggle will end soon. Until autumn.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment