The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 6, 2018

Fun Hockey Story

I ran across a feel good, hockey story this week about an emergency backup goalie who got to play in the NHL. I don't watch hockey, so I didn't know how this worked. It works thusly. The emergency backup goalie is a guy who isn't on a team and doesn't play in the NHL. He lives in the area and is available if either team loses all its goalies, which almost never happens. The story is about Scott Foster, who plays amateur hockey. His regular job is as an accountant. He played hockey in college and never stopped playing even though he didn't go pro.

Scott Foster got to play for the Chicago Blackhawks for the last 14:01 minutes of a game and blocked seven shots. The other team never scored on him. It's a great story. Not only did he get a chance to play professional sports, he did well at it. He got to live the dream and be awesome doing it. Hero. His post-game interview was funny, too.

In other news I've pretty much written off the panels I was going to use for a YouTube backdrop. They still smell. Someone on Facebook recommended using a sheet. That reminds me. Last week I mentioned my fake friends on Facebook. I didn't mean everyone. I meant the fake ones only. If you're a reader from Facebook, I didn't mean you. I was talking about the people who have never read a single blog post. So, the sheet idea is interesting, especially if it's a blanket instead. A blanket would help dampen echoes and save money on soundproof panels. Another thing I might do it buy a panel of sheetrock and paint it. I could put wallpaper on it later if that was interesting to me.

I still have not come up with a solution to the cover for AoE. I need to do something and soon.

I've stepped up my game on the French front. I've been putting more work into it to reach some kind of level of fluency. One of the YouTube channels I've created would be a French channel where I would teach English as a way to practice my French. But I need to expand my vocabulary first and go more in depth with verb tenses and trivial rules.
I also learned that the B2 test I mentioned the other day would qualify me to teach French. It's possible I could be a substitute French teacher at a local high school. It's an idea.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment