The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, December 15, 2017

Time to Pivot

I saw Grav3yardgirl in a commercial! I couldn't believe it. If you've never heard of her, she makes tons of YouTube videos. She has a series called Does This Thing Really Work? I've watched some of those in the past. The premise is she opens and tests products sold on television that make people ask themselves, Does that thing really work? Some of them were funny. And if you've ever been tempted to buy one of those products, you can see ahead of time what it's really like.

There was good news and bad news this week. It snowed, and I lost power. It kept going on and off. The longest stretch of being off was maybe 5 hours. I didn't lose anything in the freezer or refrigerator, because I had ice ready for that. That was the good news.

I've been talking about starting a business and doing research. In one of those blogs I mentioned going to the dentist. It cost $103. What I didn't mention was I had a followup visit scheduled for this week. Since I don't have dental insurance, it cost $570. One of my motivations to start a business was for health insurance. So, hmm. That was a big hit to the business account. I'm going to have to put some thought into what to do now. I may take what's left and invest it for a year. I'm not sure.


Is He Still Alive?
Kirk Douglas. He was born in 1916 and had a serious stroke in 1996. I remember him mostly from the 80s, when he was in various movies. Statistically, his chances of being alive are very slim, since he would be 101. Who lives that long? Nevertheless. Is he still alive? Absolutely! He turned 101 on the 9th.





No comments:

Post a Comment