The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, September 1, 2017

European River Cruises

Things haven't been going well, and I've been trying to think more positively. Just because things are negative doesn't mean I have to give in to that, right? One hopes. I was thinking again this week that traditional wedding vows might be too negative. For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health. Isn't that speaking curses into people's lives? What if I changed it to something that would bestow blessings? For better or for best, for richer or for richest, in health and in healthy longevity due to anti-aging treatments. Maybe that last bit needs some polish, but doesn't that sound so much better? Why would I want take a vow of poorer or sickness or worse? No way. I don't want those things in my life. I'd prefer to be happy and well off.

Something I've wanted to do for years is take a European river cruise. Viking River Cruises is one of many companies that do those. I like their balconies more than the others I've seen. I could picture myself sitting on the balcony after a day of touring talking about the sights and planning the next day's adventures. An Eight-day or 15-day cruise in France. I'd like to do either one of those, if money was no object, which it is. The listed prices are actually half the real price. Those are one-person prices with a two-person minimum. Ugh. I wish they would be more honest about that. Some of the other companies will waive the double fee, if you're. . .alone. Sadly, I'm. . .alone. It's okay to feel sad for me, if you want to. One of the other cruise operators has an impressionist painting trip I'd love to do, but they don't have balconies on their ships.

At the moment, if I wanted to take a female friend with me who was only a friend, it would require two cabins. I need to win the lottery. If only I played it. After looking at some of the prices, I decided to see how much it would cost to rent a house in France. Hotels and apartments around Paris start at about $48/night. That would be something small and basic. So, for the cost of a cruise, I could rent a place in France(probably not Paris) for possibly up to half a year. Isn't that crazy? Cruises used to be called luxury cruises. We need to bring that expression back.

I could spend the entire summer in France with maybe a week or two in Tuscany and still come out cheaper than a cruise. Autumn in Europe? I could imagine that. The problem is money. If that was no object, I could see myself living in France for a year. Maybe not Paris, but I would visit there. Seeing the Louvre is mandatory.

Sometimes, it's good to sit back and dream a little dream. I give you permission to take some time for yourself this coming week and dream a little.

Have good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment