The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 29, 2016

Anti-Democracy Protesters

I finished the read through of the YA book, which I'll call AoE. I think the ending works better than I thought. I was worried about it. Now begins the process of going through for one final pass tweaking the prose.

AoE has a name, but Book 2 of the B'vellah War series doesn't yet. I wonder if I should give it a temporary name like B'vellah Strikes Back. The ultimate title would be Warry McWarface. I bet that would sell a ton of copies. If there was any way on earth for that to make sense, I'd use it.

Boaty McBoatface, if you didn't see that story was hilarious. I voted for the Boaty McBoatface name. As I've mentioned before, I've got a French YouTube channel created but no public videos. Boaty McBoatface was instantly funny, but there would be no way to explain to a French audience why it's funny. I've put a lot of thought into it. Why are some things funny? Boaty McBoatface has a certain British cheekiness to it, but that's only part of it.
Of course, despite that fact that it won, they'll probably not name it that. It's a missed opportunity. People would have followed its scientific mission. If they name it something else, it won't be interesting any more.

Back in March some people were protesting Donald Trump. They shut down a road in one protest. One of the strange things about it was that he wasn't and isn't the nominee. Last month the race was tight. His lead has widened now, but there's no guarantee he'll win. People are out protesting against someone who hasn't even won. That's something they should do later during the general election if he actually ends up being the candidate.

While searching for the old story, I found a new one about people protesting today. I was surprised.

What alarms me about the protesters is that they're trying to subvert the democratic process in the United States. Trump has not won. The protesters are not in his party. If they want to complain about a candidate at this stage, it should be one of theirs, not the other party's. They're fighting against someone they have no business fighting until the general election. That is the time to stand up and object.

In the United States the democratic process is supposed to be allowed to play out to a conclusion without interference. Attempting to undermine democracy is un-American and anti-American. I wonder if any of the protesters has stopped to consider that. They're acting like people in a third-world dictatorship.

I have a theory. The whole thing is so counter to American culture, I've concluded that it's not a grassroots movement. Americans don't do this kind of thing. My theory is that it's being funded by Democrat-supportive organizations partly in order to increase chaos and division in the country. Progressives within the Democrat party have been fueling racial, economic and class division for years. This has been documented in the press, although it might take some searching to find the details, since most of the press are Democrats and won't cover news like that.

The Democrats don't have any good candidates this election cycle and seem destined to lose. Funding these protests now is a way to subvert the process and try to force a victory in the general election. If Trump was protested out of the race, that would leave the Republicans with a weak candidate in the general election later. The Democrats would have a much better chance against anyone but Trump. Even if he still wins the Republican nomination, the protests plant seeds of division and chaos in the population that can be exploited during the general election.

The protests seem to have a plan and purpose beyond a few people screaming.

If I'm wrong and the protests actually are grassroots, democracy in the United States will fail. It's going to anyway, but that would be a major indication that the collapse is already here.

No comments:

Post a Comment