The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 15, 2016

Studio: Almost There

The stand with the bar across it is for the greenscreen. It'll be adjusted closer to ceiling height later. That 12.7 decimeter ;) tall mirror is the one I was talking about the other day that I plan to put behind the camera to make talking to a camera easier. I hope. I'll have to put it on a chair or something. The light on the right is on a short stand. It might go in front of me. The one on the left can reach up to the ceiling. There's another one just like it illuminating the scene. Those two will go to either side of me. I have umbrellas for them to defuse the glare. I'll have to figure something out for the short light, or I might not use it. I may need its stand for my camera, since I don't have a camera stand.

That white line at the bottom is where I broke up a strip of carpet nailing and had to paint. I was going to leave it in, but if I can afford to put some cheap laminate flooring in later, I may as well take it up now to save time then. 29 to 59 cents a square foot(.0929 sq m) is pretty good for something cheap. Even 59 cents would make flooring the whole room less than $100. The underlayment would add maybe another $100 or less depending on what I wanted to do. It might make sense to do the hallway outside the room, too.

Yes, there's a baseboard missing there. I need to clean it with that horrible-smelling wood cleaner I mentioned the other day. I also sill need to clean the other walls. Some cold air came down from Canada this week, making it too cold to open the windows. Starting Sunday the high is supposed to be 74 degrees(23.33C) and after that 80F(26.667C)+.

I started using Celsius and such because I had one or two European readers to start with(and for French studies). Last week's blog had far more European readers than American readers. That's kind of strange. Something else weird is I have zero British or Canadian readers. I could make fun of Brits and Canadians, and they would never know.
I'm just kidding. Although I will be talking about the Canadian accent on my French YouTube channel, once I get that going.


The rest of the wall is all back in place. Yay! I'm not in love with all this wood. Sometimes I wonder if it should be sheetrock, but it's not my place.
I had this one night where it took over 30 minutes for two boards. It doesn't even seem possible. Part of that was because of a tiny metal splinter in my finger. It didn't draw blood, so not a big deal. But that's how hard this wall's been.

I'm going to try to get some videos made this weekend. I need to put the last bit of baseboard down before putting up the greenscreen, and I'd prefer to clean the other walls first. Nibiru. Fact or Fiction? I might talk about that.

It was $150 at the dentist. I forgot to mention that last week. I feel like there's something else I'm forgetting.

The Tesla Model 3 is approaching 400,000 pre-orders. I've been looking at electric cars in general lately. I should blog about that or make a video.


No comments:

Post a Comment