The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, March 4, 2022

Do You Mean Kiev?

Every time I see Kyiv or hear someone say Keev, I always think, Is that Kiev? It turns out it is. I checked out some French news articles, and every one uses Kiev. I'm glad that's cleared up. Why the word change? It doesn't makes much sense unless it's for propaganda or deception purposes. That's usually why names change. See Monsanto. The French articles say things I'm not seeing in U.S. coverage. According to them, Putin says he's doing a "denazification" of Ukraine and claims to be fighting "neonazis" there. Interesting things to censor. I have no idea what he's talking about. American coverage seems sparse and shallow.

Something I noticed in one U.S. article is that President Zelensky is part of the Jewish community. That got me to wondering about Bible promises and whether God would protect Ukraine from Russia. It makes the war more watchable. Up until seeing that, I hadn't been able to muster much interest. Now I want to see what happens, especially since it appears Ukraine is completely doomed without a miracle.

Then this story appears, detailing how the stalled Russia invasion may be because they're using cheap, Chinese tires that are crumbling apart after disuse. Really? Because there's a Bible passage for that. Exodus 14 24 And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians, 25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drove them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD is fighting for them against the Egyptians. So, God took the Egyptian wheels off back then, and now the Russian wheels have come off. Coincidence? I don't know.

In the Christian prophecy community, there's a big hullabaloo over the war because Russia is involved, and there's a line of thinking that believes Russia is in Bible prophecy via the War of Gog and Magog. Even Pat Roberson came out of retirement to make some claims. I'm not holding my breath. I'm more interested in whether the war spreads to other countries. Belarus is supposed to be sending troops in to fight for Russia. Would that lead to other countries sending in troops to help Ukraine? That's what I'm looking at.

Israel has stepped in to try to mediate between Zelensky and Putin. Russia is in Syria. Israel has bombed a number of terrorist targets there, particularly Iranian ones. Not only does Israel have an interest in Zelensky personally, it has an interest in what Russia does in Syria. Instead of Gog and Magog, I'm wondering about Isaiah 17: 1, 14  The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. And behold at evening trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.

If the war spreads and Israel has to take a side, will Damascus be destroyed as that prophecy says? That would be huge. Damascus is the oldest inhabited city in the world. I think that prophecy is more likely than the Gog and Magog one, which modern scholarship believes refers to Turkey and not Russia at all.

Can Russia survive this war and still be a major power? Is this war their last historical attempt to project power before they diminish in history? I'm looking at that, too. This may be the final death throe of the old Soviet Union.

Lots of questions and waiting for the answers.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment