The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, December 31, 2021

Goodbye, 2021.

Stick a fork in 2021. It's done. Isn't it so great to be done with this year? Yes. Yes, it is. I'm ready for 2022. What could possibly go wrong in the world next year that's worse than Covid, super volcano? Don't answer that.

There's been some progress on the internet front. I've mentioned the broadband utility boxes for fiber that have been going up around me but not here. This week saw one of these appear:


The thing about this that concerns me is that this is the electric pole at the road. There's another one between the road and the house that has no green box. Is another one coming later? Are these wireless? We'll find out. I'd hate for them to skip me because I'm not close enough to the road, but I'm concerned.

How soon will broadband be available? I asked about that at one of the power company offices, since they're the ones who own these boxes. If you're not sitting down, this would be a good time. I was told that once the service is ready to use, I'll be sent a letter in the mail to sign up for it. After I sign up, it'll be 12 to 14 weeks before it's hooked up. What? Three to 3.5 months for somebody to flip a switch? Wow. The minimum speed is 200Mbps, though. I'm currently using my cell phone for internet at 5Mbps after dumping my old ISP that only offers DSL here at 1.5Mbps. There's no timetable on when the service will be ready where I am. The 3 to 3.5 months can't even begin until then.

There's some good news on the Forex trading front. As mentioned before, I've been doing a trial for that that will hopefully lead to a side gig, but after a glitch with a trade, it looked like I wouldn't meet the money goal. I didn't blow the account, but I didn't meet the goal in the allotted time either. I expected an email to let me know I'd failed. There wasn't one. Either it's lost in the holidays or they've given me an extension. We'll see what happens..

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment