The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 12, 2021

Learning Can Hurt. True Broadband Internet?

Sometimes, my brain gets tired. I've been continuing my educational push for a part-time online sales job in a complex field. As mentioned before, I had to pivot into a different product in the same field, which delayed things. I've been trying to cram months or more of learning into weeks. I think I'm almost to the point that I can start on a trial basis. If I get through the trial phase, I'll be up and running with the job. Once that happens, I'll be able to get back to writing. If I didn't need the money so much, I'd never be doing this.

Some green, plastic boxes have been springing up near some of the power poles near me. I did a web search. They look almost just like the broadband boxes in this story. The ones in the story are for fiber optic internet. I live really close to a fiber trunk. Coincidence? I hope not. Stay tuned! It looks like I'll be able to get true broadband service for the first time ever. I used to  have Windstream, but they only offer 1.5Mbps here. I've been using a 4G LTE cell phone for internet for over a year, but it's being throttled to 5Mbps. With fiber, the slowest speed is 200Mbps. Anything more would is too expensive right now, and I don't really need it. Unless I got a 4K television or something, which would be down the road who knows when.

The land is being cleared out under the power lines and around the poles. I'm waiting for a green box to spring up at my pole. If and when it does, I'll let you know.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment