The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, May 7, 2021

The Force Was With Me

On May 4th, someone who owed me money gave me some change that included two quarters. I noticed they looked older and checked the dates. One was 1977. The other was 1980. As any pre-Disney Star Wars fan knows, Star Wars came out in 1977 and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back came out in 1980. There was none of this A New Hope stuff back then. That came later with the prequels. I got two Star Wars year quarters on May the Fourth Be With You day. Coincidence?

Yeah, it was a coincidence, but it was a fun one. Although, the rabbis will tell you there's no such thing as coincidence. Hmm.

It was not a very productive week on the writing front. I had a couple of teeth worked on at the dentist. It wasn't as bad as it usually is. Except for the drill on the tooth with the cavity. The dentist injected Novocaine, one assumes, into my jaw and then went to check on another patient. Along the way, her glasses came apart, and she had to fix them. When she got back, my jaw was well and truly numb. However, my tooth didn't know that. I could feel the drill taking off the tooth layer and then a bit of the layer underneath that. My tooth could feel the circular movement of the drill. What an odd sensation.

Well, of course that hurt. I suffered through it as anyone strong and manly would have. It was good practice in case I'm ever tortured for information by enemy spies. It always hurts when I have a tooth drilled. I wonder if my roots are too deep for the Novocaine. I don't know if that's even a thing. The solution is for the dentist to shoot more Novocaine into the jaw. No. I don't do that any more. It took forever for the normal dose to wear off as it was. I had to skip lunch.

The commercial book I have on the back burner is what I was thinking about this week. I'm trying to figure out how to make it into a trilogy. I'm not sure I can. The story is pretty complete on its own. Anything after it would be its own story but set in the same universe. I might be able to use some other book ideas I've had on the shelf. Since the commercial book is SF, I might be able to bring the SF book set on a space station near Saturn(or Jupiter) into that universe. I'm not sure how it would work. But I need to wrap up the B'vellah War series. I put some thought into that, too, the second half of book 3 specifically.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment