The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 2, 2021

Being Prepared

I felt a bit of dread at coming upon this article, which warns of product shortages. Because of the giant container ship that was trapped in the Suez Canal and a shortage of containers themselves, shipping will be disrupted again. The warning that affected me the most was toilet paper. Well, suffice it to say I'm not going through that again. I never ran out last year, but it was a stressful time indeed. To prevent a recurrence of such an ordeal, my order of a 32-pack of Charmin is scheduled to arrive today. Combined with what I already have on hand, I should be well set for the rest of the calendar year. Take that, Forces of Darkness!

On the French front, I've been doing reading, listening and a reading/listening combo with testing. I think I have a handle on it as far as my new routine goes. It interferes with writing, but if I can get the right French certification, I could do translation work. I have to go with what pays. Nevertheless, I've been getting a little done on the writing front and expect to increase the amount I'm doing, which has been nothing to brag about.

Part of what I'm working on will be a project with more of a commercial appeal. Most of what I've done until now has fit into a certain niche. I need something that the wider market will embrace. At the same time I need to get the rest of Messengers out the door, including the space novel set in the time period when Kayley went into the future to save the miners. The goal now is to figure out how to get a writing routine that juggles both the commercial project and Messengers. And maybe juggles Avatars, too. There's never enough time for everything.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment