The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 27, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you were able to get the Black Friday deal you were looking for. I missed mine. It was a 50" 4K TV for $128. Once they sold out, the deal was gone. I've seen some other TV deals that are good, but I was only shopping for one at the right price. $128 was the right price. I'll have to keep getting by with 1080p for now.

I was, however, able to order a second Roku streaming stick. I got the first one on sale in October with the idea of putting it in the bedroom. I set it up and got it running in the living room and ended up never moving it. It became too convenient. Since I wasn't able to find the right TV deal, getting a second Roku device was cheaper than the wrong TV deal. Now that I have Roku, I've been watching TV more than I used to.

I don't watch a lot of movies because of the profanity and such. Traditionally, if I watched something, it was usually something I recorded on a channel that cuts out most of that. There's a service called Vidangel that filters profanity and nudity and whatever else people find objectionable. I haven't used it yet, but I've searched through what they filter. They don't filter every movie or show so it's limited in that respect, but it works with Amazon Prime. Amazon has some shows that look intriguing but are too dirty to watch. The first thing I plan to try is The Expanse. It's a space show with a detective angle. Another SF show I liked but had too much profanity to keep watching was Eureka. Vidangel covers that. Maybe I'll get to watch some of the movies and shows that I never did.

I'm on a 30-day free trial of Prime. That'll let me see how Vidangel works. Roku really works best with a streaming service. It has tons and tons of free stuff, but most of it seems to be uncensored, although I have not spent vast amounts of time looking through everything it offers. If Vidangel works like it's supposed to, I'll let you know more later.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment