The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, June 12, 2020

Walking Among Plague Carriers?

For the first time since March, I went to two stores this week. One was in my county. The other was in the county next door. My county has 100+ Covid cases. The county next door is approaching 600. The county south of me has about 2,700 cases. At first I wondered why my county, which relies heavily on tourism, has so few cases compared to the one next door. I finally decided that it was because my county is too small to have a hospital. Maybe the hospitals in the county next door and the one to the south are being credited for cases that originate where I live. Now that I've been to the store, I'm not so sure.

The store I went to in my county is taking protective measures. People are being allowed in in limited numbers. The employees are wearing masks, ineffective, token surgical masks but still masks however limited. A good number of customers were also wearing masks, including highly recommended N95 or K95 ones. It was heartening to see. I only went in because I had to for someone else.

At the store in the county next door, no one was wearing a mask, not even the employees. That county has 28 deaths compared to 3 for my county. The county to the south has 54.

There are still the same shortages as in March, the last month I went to a store. Paper products(toilet paper, paper towels, tissues) were in low or zero stock. Rubbing alcohol is still unavailable here. There were empty places on various shelves. Fortunately, I used part of my stimulus money to buy a Sam's Club membership and order things such as this. It's frequently out of stock and took going on two months to get, but I have it now. I'm estimating at least a 6.18 month supply. It took a lot of stress off of my mind.

New Web Site
I've started looking at web hosting companies. The Messengers web site renewed in Q4 last year. The card it's on won't be valid at the next renewal date. My plan is to let the domain lapse and probably find a new hosting company. If I dump my ISP, which looks inevitable now that I have 4G LTE unlimited internet, I'll need a secure email replacement. I might do two domains, one for one of my YouTube channels and one branded on me that would include all my books and not just Messengers. That would also give me a short, easy domain name, something I've wanted for a long time. Since time is limited on the ISP front, this would happen sooner rather than later.

I'm also looking at the possibility of moving the blog to my own web site. Google owns blogger, and with the left officially embracing violent fascism, I'm not able to exercise freedom of speech the way I need to. I've already been censoring truths the left finds offensive, so I wouldn't be banned. Political correctness is a form of social fascism. I have to be able to stand up for truth. I can't always do that on Blogger.

My choices are to go to WordPress, something I haven't researched enough, or to go with a hosting site where I could use WordPress software or something like it. If I wanted to do the .html myself, I could do that instead. I should have something figured out soon. The last post here would be a link to my new secure site.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment