The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, July 19, 2019

Cool Front Coming

There's an article today titled [sic]"How the 2019 coffee crisis might affect you'. I didn't read it, since I drink tea. I don't consider a coffee problem to be a crisis. But in case you personally want to read it, it's here across the pond.

In other news there's a new flying squirrel in town.

I talked the other day about a cool front that came through in June and how awesome that was. Forecasters are predicting another one that reaches where I live on Tuesday. I'm right at the bottom edge of where it's supposed to reach, so I don't know if it'll be awesome or not. The high Tuesday is supposed to be 78F(25.56C). The low Wednesday morning is supposed to be 63F(17.22C). I'm hoping for a few days of cool weather before dreadful August. If climate change is real, I really like the cooler temperatures. 78F in late July? Awesome!

So, another female teacher had sex with a male student. He was 13. This always upsets the parents. They're so angry about it every time. What made me mad about the story was the woman got 20 years in jail. That's not justice. How in the world can somebody go to jail for 20 years for that? Has this country gone insane?

As a former 13-year-old, I'm here to tell you these woman are not predators. These students are not victims. This reminds me of that Bible story in which the woman was caught in the act of adultery, and the hypocrites wanted to stone her to death but not the man. Why don't we put the students in jail for taking advantage of lonely, needy women? That woman gets twenty years in jail while that guy spends the next twenty years bragging about living one of his ultimate fantasies. That's not right. That's not fair. That's not justice.

Don't get me wrong. What these teachers are doing is immoral, but it's not jail time immoral. There should be some kind of punishment. They should be banned from teaching for life and maybe get probation for a few years. But to send them to jail for decades with real criminals? No way. Those students knew exactly what they were doing. At 13, I would have for sure. I know they do. Losing a teaching license and the humiliation thereof plus having to start over in life is punishment enough.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I believe in real justice. Before we go after people having sex, we need to go after government officials for routine treason. I'm looking at you, Congress.

Have a great weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment