The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, June 14, 2019

A Break From the Heat

Summer in the south is a time of high temperatures and dreadful humidity. Usually, by June it's a struggle to get to the solstice, when the days begin to get shorter. From there it's a long struggle through July and August to get to around September 15th. The humidity starts to drop after about the middle of September. Every summer I keep the 15th in mind as goal to reach.

This year there was a small heat wave in May. It looked like it was going to be a hard summer. This week there was a cold front with dry air. It was amazing for this time of year. It felt like autumn. According to my thermometer, it was 48 degrees(8.89C) this morning. That's a winter temperature. Summer must have been on spring break this week.

Temperatures will be getting back to normal by Sunday. This year, instead of slogging through four months of brutal humidity, I have a 90-day countdown to autumn. Psychologically, it feels more refreshing.

The sad news was that I had a serious gum infection and had to go to the dentist this week. Even after a week of antibiotics, I didn't feel that good. It was all due to two broken fillings. The dentist also discovered a chipped filling on the other side of my mouth. I had to sit through three teeth fixes. So, unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy the weather to the best of my ability.

Despite the dental problems, I still was able to get some more of the comma fixes done. I'm still tired, but I seem to be getting some energy back.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment