The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, May 31, 2019

Using a Certain Power

On the writing front, it was another week of editing old works for modern comma rules.

I just deleted a message on my answering machine that said my subscription to my Windows computer expires today. My subscription to my computer? Strange. I distinctly remember purchasing it. I don't think those people will go to hell for those lies, but I do think it will make their place in hell that much hotter.

The other day I mentioned I was reading the French version of 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke and how it seemed simpler than the other books I've been reading. It was the movie version and not the real, original book. I finished that and started Rendezvous With Rama by the same author. After a dumbed-down movie book, it was a kick in the face. I had to look up words right and left.

Hoping to find French books that are easier to read, I tried finding more books based on movies, but alas, I didn't see anything I would really want to read. Instead of books adapted from movies, Google wanted to show me movies based on books. That was a fail.

After a living for a while, you develop certain powers. On Amazon, I ordered a French version of the Isaac Asimov book, Caves of Steel, on March 18th. It was the next book in a series. It was supposed to arrive from France around April the 26th. By the middle of May I was almost out of French books, and it still wasn't here. I looked up reviews for the vendor and discovered that shipping could take absolutely forever. I decided to use one of my powers. I ordered 5 French books in a different series from American bookstores, that would arrive in about a week more or less. Thus, I would have tons of books, and it wouldn't matter how long the late book took. Doing it that way made Caves of Steel show up almost immediately. My powers are strong!

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment