The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, May 17, 2019

Fun Dream

The highlight of the week was a dream I had. I was invited to be in a new, experimental spaceship this guy was testing. Experimental made me nervous because no one would be able to rescue us if something went wrong, but I took a chance. One other person was onboard. He was kind of standoffish and didn't talk. We flew past a bunch of planets and moons kind of like a tour of the solar system. The planets/moons would be blurry from a distance then pop into focus with clear details. Unfortunately, we went by them so fast I was only able to get one good picture with lots of detail. I was by a big window. The pilot was flying the ship. The standoffish guy was kind of down a passage with no windows but still had sort of view out the windows where I was. We never crashed or lost pressure.

Before going to bed I had watched part of a Star Trek episode and listened to some Christian videos. Two of them talked about stepping out and taking chances when God throws something your way. Clearly, the dream had a lot of day residue in it. I was in space. I took a chance when opportunity arose while not knowing the outcome.

One way of looking at dreams is to see all the characters as an aspect of yourself. It's your dream. It's in your head. The characters come from your own mind. The pilot would be sort of a creative part of myself that pushes ahead with advancement when other fans of space are still stuck on the cost per pound to orbit "problem", a problem that is easily solved by the way. The standoffish guy would be the part of me that holds back too much. He had an amazing chance to experience the solar system but was back in the corridor/alcove and was merely looking on from a distance.

The me part of the dream was enjoying seeing all the moons and things, but there was a problem. The camera I had was big and bulky. It was about 12 inches by 12 inches(30.48cm x 30.48cm) with toggles and buttons. If you've ever seen one of those camera boxes that hunters and wildlife researchers strap to trees to take pictures of wildlife, it was similar to those. It was the reason I couldn't get any good pictures. We were going so fast, and the views were so amazing that by the time I hit the right buttons the planetary details were gone.

One way of looking at the camera is to see it as details or complications. I spent a small amount of time fiddling with the camera to get pictures I could look at later that no one had ever taken. I was doing that instead of focusing purely on the main experience. Maybe that's a dream imagery way of saying I need to stop sweating the small things and concentrate on the big picture. It could also be a way of saying that more preparation is needed for unfamiliar things. I didn't know the camera. The one good picture I got was after I had learned the camera. If I'd been properly prepared, the pictures would have been seamless and easy. Part of my thinking while working the camera was proving that I had seen all those amazing worlds. Maybe the camera was showing me I don't always need to care what other people think. I knew I was seeing all that stuff whether anyone else believed I had been there or not. Was the camera just a hindrance I could have let go of?

So, dreams are fun. On the book front I've been going through AoE sentence by sentence checking commas. I'm almost done.

Have a great weekend and pleasant dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment