The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, March 1, 2019

Stuck in the Slow Lane Part 3(The End)


I didn't think I'd have an update so soon. To recap, my ISP, Windstream, recently lost a major court case involving a breach of contract. They promised in a legal contract not to do something and then went ahead and did it anyway. A vulture company, Aurelius, discovered the breach, bought assets that would give them a legal footing and then sued Windstream. Aurelius was not involved in the breach, which happened in 2015 and seemed to hurt no one. Aurelius's actions were immoral but not illegal.

It was thought that Windstream's appeal would take years of legal fighting. It turned out that they rolled over and filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Here's a breakdown by an analyst of  how the recovery could go. I saw another analyst report on Uniti, the company at the center of the breach of contract, that expected Windstream's upper management to lose their jobs.

Here's how it looked in one of the local papers:


Windstream didn't only break their contract. They've been lying to me for years about upgrading the internet switch that serves my area. We're all stuck at 1.5Mbps even after Windstream received a $175 million dollar federal grant to upgrade switches. After that in 2015, I believe, they were seeking another grant from the state of Georgia to upgrade switches specifically in my area. I used to go into the office every 2 or 3 months or more and ask about the upgrade. "It's on the schedule," they would tell me. One day they finally told me it wasn't on the schedule. I'm reminded of a Bible verse.

 Genesis 12:3a I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you;

Windstream has been cursing me for years. I was too small to fight them. Nevertheless, in one hour my enemy was destroyed. Even the office I used to go into to check on the switch was closed down a while back. It's really amazing how this bankruptcy came out of nowhere and stopped the mouths of the liars.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment