The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, January 4, 2019

Stuck in the Slow Lane

UPDATE: Stuck in the Slow Lane Part 2

According to this website, "During Q2-Q3 2018, the average download speed over fixed broadband in the U.S. was 95.25 Mbps. Average upload speed was 32.88 Mbps." My internet speed is capped at 1.5Mbps. And my ISP just raised prices $2 a month. There's good news, though. At some point the price of wireless internet will be lower than DSL. I'll be so gone.

5G is being rolled out in more places this year. Phone companies will be charging as much as they can to "pay for additional costs", costs that have actually already been paid for by the premium price on 4G. So, they basically get a free 5G network and then charge extra for it. Maybe there will be some wireless internet mixed in somehow that I can take advantage of.

My Google Home Mini arrived. Alas, I can't activate it, because the cell phone necessary to interact with it did not arrive, and my cell phone company can't give me a tracking number. It was supposed to be here by the 2nd. The company was bought out by a Mexican company a while back. Tech support cannot speak English, and I'm very good at understanding foreigners regardless of accent. I spoke with three of them. So, they're not just bad. They're very bad. Assuming the phone arrives safely, I'm activating it at another company. Worst case scenario: I activate it with the company I'm with and then port out.

There was supposed to be more, but the power went out for reasons unknown. I'm out of time.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment