The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, December 7, 2018

A Couple of News Stories

There have been a rash of news stories about people being accused of things and then being immediately fired. It always makes me think the same thing: innocent until proven guilty. The farther back in time the accusation is the more proof I want to see that it actually happened.

The other day I ran across one of those stories that sounded horrific. A Facebook selfie saved this man from spending 99 years in prison. That guy was accused by a girl he hadn't talked to in two years of attacking her and cutting her chest with a box cutter. The police assumed he was guilty and arrested him. He wasn't given the details of the accusation until nine months later. That's when someone he was with at an event in a different city was able to clear him with a time-stamped Facebook selfie. The story has more details of how the accusation affected his life. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

But it's not all bad news. I saw a feel good story from South Carolina. Woman kills jail escapee who kicks in her door. A couple of inmates escaped from jail and ran different directions. One of them kicked in this woman's door and tried to attack her in her bedroom, the same bedroom where she keeps her gun. Pickens County Sheriff Clark said, "I gave her a big hug. I told her how proud I was of her." Aw, and just in time for the holidays.
This is why we can't let the politicians take away our guns. Good people need them.

It's been fairly uneventful otherwise. I've been working on the non-fiction book. It's not as easy as fiction. There's a lot of research that goes into it. Fiction has research, too, but there's more flexibility in applying it. For the non-fiction it has to stand up to criticism I expect later. It's about the Bible. I can already imagine the Pharisees lining up.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment