The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, July 1, 2016

Cursed Blessings

Sometimes it seems life isn't fair. Things just don't go the way they should. It's like we're cursed. Sometimes it's not even our fault.

Psalm 59:3 For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.

Bad things happen, and it isn't necessarily because of sin. In that verse it wasn't David's sin. It was other people sinning. It reminds me of generational curses. The Bible talks about curses being visited upon children to so many generations and blessings to thousands. It doesn't seem fair that people can be punished for something that happened several generations back. By generational curses I mean things like hereditary diseases, hereditary poverty, etc. Any kind of hereditary handicap that's physical or mental or emotional, etc. When something is chronically wrong or hindered in some area of life.

I've talked before about how my dad and two of my first cousins on his side were killed by medical professionals, all at different locations. It seems like a generational curse at work on that family line. Is there some sin a few generations back that we don't know about? Who knows.

What about all the blessings the Bible promises? There are tons of blessings, but personally, I'm having a hard time seeing them manifest. Is it my fault, or is it because of some generational curse? I found a really fascinating verse.

Malachi 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Blessings can be cursed! I don't remember ever hearing this talked about. People always talk about the blessings and how awesome life is supposed to be, and if it's not, it has to be bacause of some secret sin. Whatever. That's not what my Bible says.

I assume blessings can be cursed for other sins and not just the specific one mentioned in the verse. I assume it's a general principle that blessings can be cursed. This could really explain a lot. What if there are generational curses on blessings? Fascinating concept. That, too, would explain a lot. I'm not sure how to break a generational curse, especially when there's no idea what the sin is. Not very encouraging, is it?

That's something I was thinking about this week. I think it's interesting that blessings can be cursed. I thought it was worth passing along.


Book Stuff
If anything has been able to get in the way of Book 2, it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment