The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, July 22, 2016

A Feral Cat and Green Lint

I came across this story:  French Authorities Cover Up the Torture, Disembowelment of Paris Attack Victims. It's about the Islamic terrorist attack at the Bataclan music hall in Paris. As the title suggests, it's a little graphic. Governments withhold and filter information in order to control the populace. I prefer it when the truth is told, even if it's hard to hear it. This happens enough in the U.S. It's a shame to see it in France, too, and about something so important.

I've been feeding this feral cat for several years now. I named him Lynx. Most of the time he would eat and leave. Sometimes he would sleep for a while and leave. Last week he decided he was domesticated. He hasn't left since, which is causing a lot of friction with the outside cat. I took his picture as he was laying near the edge of the driveway.
He meowed, when I clicked to take it. I thought it was cute. I'm able to pet him now. He's very needy.


Book Stuff, etc.
I'm still seeing steady progress on Book 2, which still has no title. What is it called? I don't know. I've changed my writing approach a little. Like with the videos, mentioned below, there never seems to be enough time or energy. I'm trying to write on the side, and it's not always easy. This week I experimented with a minimum word count per day that's lower than my ideal word count. It seems to take some of the pressure off and makes it easier to write, once I'm at the keyboard. I had a good, steady week. I get more than the minimum done, so that's good. I may have to raise it.

A while back, I ran across a business that was being run more like a hobby than a business. Basically, it wasn't working. I have a video planned about it. I think talking about my observations and how I realized it was a hobby and not really a business would help people who want to turn a hobby into a business or help people whose business is floundering in a certain way. I was thinking about that this week. There was one simple change that needed to be made at that business that in my opinion would have turned things around, but the owner wasn't interested.
Maybe I need to think of writing more like a business than I already do. What if there was one simple change I could make that would boost sales? I'm going to have to think about that. Obviously, the first change that needs to be made is the covers. But there might be more that needs to be done.

When I was working on the "studio", I washed the green screen. I took a picture of the lint to post, but when I sent it to my computer, it never showed up. This is what green lint looks like.
I've been practicing to make some videos. There never seems to be enough time. When there's time, there never seems to be enough energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment