The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Computer Woes

Remember that computer problem I was having where my computer would shut down before it could boot up all the way? I more or less narrowed it down to the memory, video card or power supply. I ran memory and video card tests. The memory is fine. The video card worked normally. That left the power supply. Before I did anything further, the problem cleared up and was completely gone. Then last night the computer almost wouldn't start. Today is the same. I immediately ordered a new power supply. It's supposed to be here Thursday.

If a new power supply doesn't fix the problem, the very last thing it seems like it could be is the electricity to the house. There might be some kind of fluctuation in the current that only something sensitive like a power supply is reacting to, although I have this one light that flickers sometimes.
The electricity went out the other night for over two hours. Maybe the contractors who worked on it missed something subtle.

If the computer is still having problems after installing a new power supply, my next step would be to look at getting a new UPS. It would catch voltage fluctuations and maintain an even current.

If there's no blog Friday, it means bad things are happening on the computer front.

Book Stuff

I didn't get as much done over the weekend as I wanted on the YA book, but I'm almost finished with the grand finale. There's a little bit left to do on it. The rest is mostly doing the epilogue. I might get it done tonight. Or tomorrow. I'll be snowed in tomorrow with lots of time. :) Assuming the computer works, of course. It's already shut off once while I was typing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment