The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 28, 2015

The Final Piece

The emergency computer froze during boot up one day, but it's been okay since then considering its age and quirks. The freeze was a warning sign, though.

The last piece I need to fix my computer is "On Vehicle for Delivery Today". It's coming UPS and is supposed to arrive some time before dark.

As I was reading my Bible this week, I had an idea for a vampire story. The passage was in 2 Kings 5 where Naaman was cured of his leprosy and afterward wanted a mule team's load of earth to take home with him. I wondered why he wanted the dirt. What was he going to use it for? Obviously, he wasn't a vampire who needed to sleep in his native soil at night. Besides, he was from Aram. I suppose he wanted to make a place to pray or worship God or something like that. Or maybe it was for some kind of memorial or witness about his miracle. It made me think about vampires, and then the idea struck. I wrote it down just in case. I don't have time for something like that right now, and I don't really do vampire stuff. But it's an idea I haven't heard before. Maybe it could be a novella or short story.

The pace has slowed, but I've still been working on the next book. It's the YA one about the girl trapped in a virtual reality spy game. I think I have the opening sentence for the book after that. It would be about her dad, but he wouldn't be trapped. He plays mysteries. These books would be stand alone rather than a series and might just be two or three books. But there's no time for that right now either. I'm hoping to get the YA rough draft done in a few weeks, especially if I can get my computer running again and have my wiki back and stuff like that.

The goal is to get the next B'vellah War book out before the end of the year. Though not as bad as last year, the obstacles this year haven't been fun. I'm way way behind where I wanted to be by now. As foreshadowed in the first book, the war is a few years off. The next book would begin closer to then and not right after the ending of the first book. It feels really risky to do it that way. It seems like a big gap. However, the Calliope novella would fit nicely between books one and two. I'm not sure when I would be able to get to that. Once the YA book is done, I want to do books 2 and 3 of the B'vellah War back to back.

I could always use prayer and would appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment